It's always hard to get going after Christmas. It's made harder in our house as it's also my birthday, New Year and Polly's birthday. But January is now rattling along and I'm getting into my stride a bit more. I've just got into Chelsea Flower Show again , whoop whoop! It always comes around so quickly. If you haven't been it is amazing and the standard of everything is off the scale. If you want tickets now is the time to get them. Here is the link CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW TICKETS but also every year I invite a handful of customers to the show so if you'd like to put a comment below on March Ist I will choose one person to get two tickets Free. All you have to do do is write why you would like to come to the show..easy.
Here are a few pictures of the wonderful things to see at RHS Chelsea Flower show.
I particularly love Distinctive Garden's stand as I am a sucker for a really nice garden pot .
I better get painting as I have so many things that I want to paint and really not enough hours to do them. Here are my top tips for getting backing your painting groove.
1. Clean your studio...we all do that to avoid painting so you might as well get it over with.
2. Get a large piece of paper and just enjoy making a mess and don't tell yourself it has to be anything...it will just loosen you up and get rid of all that " oh hell what shall I paint kinda vibe"
3. Find some new music or audio or whatever floats your boat, just make sure it is new and inspiring. I was given several audio books and am currently itching to hear the next episode of my Jo Jo Moyes audio Foreign Fruits
4. Put a time limit on what you produce so say do four little paintings in an hour. Or Four in an afternoon. It is truly amazing how much your work improves if you're not so inhibited.
5. If everything is truly daunting then start in black and white don't get hung up about colour. Ease yourself in gently and look at tone first by doing the same subject in black and white and tones and then graduate to colour
6. Do not write your blog for too long when you should be painting !!!! I'm off to make a mess xxxx